We are dedicated to helping the children and families who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Open Positions with MountainStar:
Parenting Time Facilitator
The Parenting Time Facilitator provides supervised parenting time for families with children in the foster care system and provides other support services including parenting education, home visits, family social nights and referrals to community resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise parenting time for 15 families per week, families are referred by Child Welfare
- Provide home visits prior to and following family reunification
- Provide parenting education with select families
- Maintain records and required paperwork including documentation for each visit
- Provide testimony at court hearings
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or a related subject area; and at least two years of experience in social work or similar field working with families involved with Child Welfare
- Knowledge of parent education, cultural competency, crisis intervention, community resources, child development, and home visiting
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Competency in computer programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and web based database
Key Success Factors
- Active listener and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with multi-stressed families
- Effectively teach positive parent-child interaction skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Use a positive, strengths-based approach in working with families
- Relate tactfully, sensitively and non-judgmentally to children and their families.
- Recognize and record significant individual and family behaviors
- Self- motivated learner that can absorb information from direct experience, training and supervision
- Use basic problem solving skills and be flexible working in a dynamic environment
- Skills in self-care, using humor to diffuse tense situations and ability to shift tactics when necessary
Other essential requirements:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
- Willingness to travel and work in Jefferson, Crook and Deschutes Counties
- Some overnight travel required for training
- Clean driving record to drive company vehicles
- Within 60 days of employment must be Pediatric CPR and First aid Certified, have a current food handlers card, and show proof of having taken a “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect” course
Schedule: Monday-Friday 32 hrs/wk, Reports to: EVS Manager. Salary Range: starts @ $15.60 Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vacation & Sick Pay, Retirement. MountainStar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability.
If you are interested in submitting your resume to us, please complete our online employment application form.
You can always make a difference to the little ones we serve by volunteering. This is a great way to explore if our organization would fulfill your career objectives, and to show us what you've got! Visit our volunteer page to discover opportunities that may be of interest to you.