We are dedicated to helping the children and families who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Open Positions with MountainStar:
EVS-Parenting Time Facilitator-Tri-County
The Parenting Time Facilitator provides supervised parenting time for families with children in the foster care system and provides other support services including parenting education, home visits, family social nights and referrals to community resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise parenting time for 12 to 15 families per week, families are referred by Child Welfare
- Provide home visits prior to and following family reunification
- Provide parenting education with select families
- Maintain records and required paperwork including documentation for each visit
- Provide testimony at court hearings
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or a related subject area; and at least two years of experience in social work or similar field working with families involved with Child Welfare
- Knowledge of parent education, cultural competency, crisis intervention, community resources, child development, and home visiting
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Competency in computer programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and web based database
Key Success Factors
- Active listener and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with multi-stressed families
- Effectively teach positive parent-child interaction skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Use a positive, strengths-based approach in working with families
- Relate tactfully, sensitively and non-judgmentally to children and their families.
- Recognize and record significant individual and family behaviors
- Self- motivated learner that can absorb information from direct experience, training and supervision
- Use basic problem solving skills and be flexible working in a dynamic environment
- Skills in self-care, using humor to diffuse tense situations and ability to shift tactics when necessary
Other essential requirements:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
- Willingness to travel and work in Jefferson, Crook and Deschutes Counties
- Some overnight travel required for training
- Clean driving record to drive company vehicles
- Within 60 days of employment must be Pediatric CPR and First aid Certified, have a current food handlers card,and show proof of having taken a “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect” course
Reports to: EVS Manager
Schedule: Monday-Friday 32 hrs/wk Salary Range: Depends on Experience Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vacation & Sick Pay, Retirement
MountainStar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability.
Job Announcement: Volunteer Coordinator
The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary role is to oversee the recruitment, training, and management of volunteers in all communities where MountainStar works. This position reports to the Development Director and works with program staff to ensure volunteers support program and development activities.
Essential Job Functions:
Manage Tri-County Volunteer Program
- Implement volunteer recruitment methods to build a strong volunteer base
- Conduct interviews, orientations, and trainings as well as schedule and coordinate substitutes
- Engage in regular personal communication with each volunteer
- Work with staff to provide coaching for volunteers, and terminate volunteers when necessary
- Work closely with staff to ensure volunteers contribute to client’s therapeutic experience
- Develop and maintain regular volunteer recognition and appreciation efforts
- Maintain all records, metrics, and materials relating to volunteers and in-kind donors
- Facilitate conversion of volunteers and in-kind givers to monetary donors and vice versa
- Identify creative roles and projects to meet organizational needs and keep volunteers engaged
- Handle all aspects of volunteer involvement in MountainStar events
Facilitate Community Involvement
- Foster a positive and widespread presence in the community, including a network of advocates
- Represent our organization at community meetings and events; lead presentations, tours, booths
- Work with fellow staff to engage supporters through outreach/marketing
- Coordinate fundraising and special volunteer projects with community groups
- Provide general support to our programs as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Commitment to offering non-judgmental support to vulnerable children and their families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including leading presentations and trainings
- Must be skilled in building friendly and productive relationships with a diverse range of people
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to track many tasks
- Must have solid computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- At least two years of successful work experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team — conflict resolution skills are beneficial
- Genuine interest in learning about early childhood brain development, trauma, and other topics relevant to MountainStar’s mission (existing knowledge and/or experience in these areas is a plus)
- Energetic and forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Experience working with a donor database (preferably eTapestry)
Salary Range + Benefits: The Volunteer Coordinator is a 40 hour per week position paying $16-18 per hour, plus benefits. Tri-County travel is required, hours are flexible and will require some evenings and weekends. All positions at MountainStar are contingent upon the availability of funding.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to: HR@mtstar.org
MountainStar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or marital or family status.
If you are interested in submitting your resume to us, please complete our online employment application form.
You can always make a difference to the little ones we serve by volunteering. This is a great way to explore if our organization would fulfill your career objectives, and to show us what you've got! Visit our volunteer page to discover opportunities that may be of interest to you.