If you are interested in submitting your resume to us, please complete our online employment application form.
We are dedicated to helping the children and families who utilize our services. If you’re ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Open Positions with MountainStar:
Interventionist - Prineville Campus
- Monday through Friday; 36 hours a week
- Program Manager
- $17.00 (wage differential if bilingual)
MountainStar Family Relief Nursery is a non-profit, strength-based child abuse and neglect prevention program to support families with children ages 6 weeks through 5 years. We provide comprehensive services for children and families experiencing high stress. Services include a therapeutic classroom emphasizing social-emotional development, home visits, parenting classes and other services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and facilitate an NAEYC accredited therapeutic classroom for up to 8 young children as part of a teaching team
- Case Management of 10-15 families including home visits and phone contact
- Regular, strength-based home visits with Spanish and English speaking families
- Referral assistance and crises intervention
- Parent coaching, goal setting and facilitating positive parent-child interaction
- Culturally competent relationship/rapport building with parents
- Maintain records including daily observations, home visit records, risk factor checklists, family and child assessments
- Serve USDA meals following guidelines and record keeping
- Occasional bus riding and driving
- Support other nursery activities - at times outside of regular hours
- Prefer Bilingual English/Spanish including reading, writing and speaking effectively in both languages
- Experience and knowledge in working with Latino and immigrant communities
- BA/BS in Early Childhood Education or a related field with infant/toddler or preschool teaching experience. Bachelor’s in progress, AA/AS or comparable Oregon Registry level considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in social service setting, knowledge of community resources
- Basic knowledge of child abuse and neglect
- Ability to recognize and record significant individual and group behaviors
- Excellent computer skills including: email, Excel, Word and web-based databases
- Effective communication skills including: rapport building, report writing, conflict de-escalation and resolution
- Ability to establish and maintain personal /programmatic boundaries and confidentiality while providing supportive services,
- Sufficient maturity and good judgment to function in crises
- Cultural competence
- Ability to relate sensitively and non-judgmentally with at-risk children and families
- Work independently and as a team member
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to be flexible and take on multiple responsibilities
Other Essential Requirements:
- Ability to lift and carry children up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
- Clean driving record to drive company vehicles
- Within 60 days of employment must be Pediatric CPR and First aid Certified, have a current food handlers’ card, and show proof of completing “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect,” “Child Care Health & Safety,” and “Safe Sleep” courses as required by Oregon Office of Child Care
MountainStar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
You can always make a difference to the little ones we serve by volunteering. This is a great way to explore if our organization would fulfill your career objectives, and to show us what you've got! Visit our volunteer page to discover opportunities that may be of interest to you.