April is Child Abuse Prevention Month.
At MountainStar, it’s what we do every day.
Throughout the month of April, we want to get to know the kind people in the communities we serve. We invite you to come out to one (or all) of our free community events and get to know MountainStar & our staff!
Come have coffee and learn about the work we do at MountainStar
Join MountainStar at each of our community sites for coffee and connection. You will meet local staff and Advisory Board members, hear about our efforts on behalf of vulnerable families we serve, and learn how you can get involved! This is open to anyone, and only requires an RSVP in La Pine.
April 21 Redmond Coffee Clatter
April 21 La Pine Chamber Breakfast
RSVP at 541-536-9771. Cost - $12.00
April 27 MountainStar Bend Networking Event
Join us at fun community events to help Keep Kids Safe!
Other Ways to Get Involved:
- Donate or volunteer at MountainStar or KIDS Center!
- Follow us on social media! (Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Linkedin)
- Come by any of our centers for a tour to learn how we prevent child abuse and neglect!
- Alert the authorities if you suspect a child is at risk of abuse. The KIDS Center has a great resource for reporting!
- Engage with others in the community! Talk to your friends, neighbors, and family about child abuse prevention. Share materials and let them know about MountainStar and KIDS Center. You can also take a Darkness to Light or SafetyNet training to learn how to keep children safe in our community.
- Wear blue all month!
The Blue Ribbon Campaign is brought to you through a partnership by MountainStar and KIDS Center.
MountainStar is honoring local community partners for supporting our child abuse and neglect prevention efforts in Central Oregon. Each has dedicated valuable resources and time to benefit the children and families we serve. Thank you for all you do for the community!